This is my quick and easy recipe for a vegan bolognese. Serves Two
1 Banana Shallots / Onion
2 Celery sticks
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/4 Cup of Lentils
1 Vegetable stock cube
1Table Spoon Tomato Puree
Glug of Red Wine (optional)
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Dried Basil
150g of Pasta
- Dice the carrots, celery and onions.
- Add diced vegetables to pan and lightly fry in olive oil.
- Whilst the carrots, celery and onions are frying dice the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the rest of the vegetables. Fry until vegetables have softened.
- Add the tinned tomatos, stock cube, 100ml of water, lentils, tomato puree, herbs and wine to the vegatbles. Leave to slowly simmer and thicken. This should take 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta as directed on the pack.